星期三, 9月 27, 2006

Inaugural Bike to Work

Finally, the inaugural bike to work day. Yesterday 09/26/2006.

The first day was great. I woke up, not too tired and start riding. I was dark when I left the house. It was a little bit hard to see. As I ride on, the sky gets brighter. There are mist rising from the creek as I ride. I ran into an old friend at the train station. We talked as the train took us toward the Great America Station. The sun was rising outside. The only problem I had is after I got there. I was planning to take the shuttle so I can scout out my way during lunch. The shuttle do not have a bike rack. So I have to ride to work, since I don't know the way, obviously I got lost.

The ride home is a breeze. I got to the station 15 minutes early than I should. I mistakenly thought the shuttle time was the train time. Stupid me. Anyway, at least I did not get there 15 minutes late.

My legs are quite sored today. I rode 30-40 minutes more than I had planned. But this is really good exercise. I felt more tired today driving than yesterday.

I had some greedy thoughts. The conductor did not check my ticket. I have a free 1 week pass. It seems to be an honor system for the most part. I was thinking to pretend that I did not start riding till someone check my ticket and write the start day. On final thought, that is cheating and stealing (from the train company and the fellow riders), I will buy my tickets as I should next week. Thank you Holy Spirit to keep me from evil.

Pray that I keep this up.... Both biking and not sinning.... For Health.... For goodness.... Cheers!

God Bless, JC

沒有留言: